Monday, January 1, 2018

What I Wore: Christmas Eve Edition


















“Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it yet.” ― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of Green Gables

































































Hello there my friends, happy new year! 

I certainly hope that each and every one of you out there reading this had the most wonderful holiday season you could have asked for, with the best of family and friends! I know for a lot of people, including myself, the year of 2017 happened to be quite bittersweet. But, luckily we've been blessed with the ultimate opportunity to put those "not-so-great" experiences of the past behind us, and make the most of our lives with a fresh new start!

Now, I'll be honest here, I never do anything for New Year's Eve or Day...Well, unless you count sitting on the couch watching The Twilight Zone with your mother and dog for those two days as doing something. (Which I do.) But, it's just not really my thing. I don't enjoy parties, I don't go looking for a man to kiss at midnight, and despite being at the age of twenty-one, I don't drink, so that pretty much leaves me out of all the so-called "fun".

I personally like getting dressed up for Christmas Eve though, since the celebration of the baby Jesus is just a little more my speed. But, since that time of the year is now unfortunately behind us, I thought I would share with you the last little piece I have left of it with a "What I Wore: Christmas Eve Edition" - I haven't done a fashion post like this since the close to the end of November, so I thought I would use this as my opportunity to reflect on the last month of the year.

As you scroll down below, you will find photos of the outfit I wore throughout Christmas Eve Day, as well as the details of where I've purchased each item. I hope you will enjoy. 





























The sparkling red dress and sequin black cardigan were both purchased from a local thrift store in my town,  the tights and booties came from the online stores Charlotte Russe and Rue21. The belt I had taken from another dress, and the silver necklace was given to me as a gift.

I ended up being very pleased with how this outfit came together. I really enjoyed wearing it to celebrate the holiday and luckily, everything came out of my closet, so I didn't have to spend a single penny during a time where money can be pretty tight. 

As yet another year has come to a close, I pray for hope, comfort, and success for all of us within the new year. We've now turned a page in our lives, and we have a brand new chapter, with 365 blank pages just waiting to be written. We've been given yet another chance, to make our lives become ones we wish to live, and we need to take advantage of this gift we've been given. We are truly walking miracles here on this earth and we have been blessed with so much in this world without even realizing it. It's time we appreciate what we have, and work to improve ourselves along the way.  

So join me on this journey, let 2018 be the year of self-improvement and appreciation for any and all things.


No comments:

Post a Comment